We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Apple pie is one of the most popular desserts in confectionery, with this vegan apple pie recipe, without dairy or eggs, we can give allergic children a homemade dessert so they can enjoy a sweet without complications.
The recipe for children that he proposes Zuzana Pinilla, from the blog 'Beyond gluten', manages to preserve the best of this typical American dessert with a much healthier preparation and suitable for the vegan diet or children with allergies.
For the mass:
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 ripe banana
- 1-1.5 cup rice flour
For the filling:
- 4-5 apples
- Ground cinnamon
- Honey, xylitol or agave
1. Preheat oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C), prepare pie / pie pan (can be lightly floured).
2. In the food processor process the quinoa with the bananas. Add the flour little by little to the banana-quinoa mixture, mix well until you get a smooth but firm dough.
3. Prepare the filling: Chop the apples. Add cinnamon and sweeten according to your taste.
4. Divide the dough into two equal parts. Roll out the first part of the dough with the rolling pin until it is slightly larger than the mold (2 cm more on all sides). Put the dough in the mold.
NOTE: It is good to roll out the dough on the parchment paper or on a non-slip surface (silicone individual). Then turn the stretched dough together with the paper or the individual in the mold (so that the dough does not break). Remove the paper / individual.
5. Arrange the dough well in the mold and pierce it with a fork. If the dough breaks somewhere, don't worry. With a small piece of dough (for example from the dough on the side that is left over) they can cover the hole. If you feel the dough is very soft and breaks easily, you can stretch it directly into the pan with your fingers.
6. Put the prepared filling in the dough.
7. Roll out the second part of the dough with the rolling pin until it is slightly larger than the mold (2 cm more on all sides). Put the dough in the mold, over the filling. Arrange the dough well, stick it to the dough below, "pinch" it at the edges, prick it with a fork.
8. Bake until cake is golden brown - about 30 minutes. Chill a bit (the cake is delicious still a little warm), cut and enjoy !!
NOTE: The dough of this cake is dark (because of the quinoa), to improve its appearance you can "garnish" the cake with a little powdered xylitol.
Recipe and image of Zuzana Pinilla
Blog Beyond Gluten
Vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free recipes
You can read more articles similar to Dairy-free apple pie. Dessert for allergic children, in the category of Cakes - cakes on site.